2022 WESTON CUP & SHOWCASE
Website in Process of Being Updated – 2022 Dates: February (18) 19-21, 2022 | Presidents’ Day Weekend
As the largest youth soccer tournament in Florida and one of the biggest in the United States, The Weston Cup & Showcase is Florida’s premier Presidents’ Day Weekend Tournament for boys & girls teams. In 2021, the Weston Cup & Showcase had 700+ teams from throughout Florida and multiple states that competed nine facilities which included over 40 playing fields in Weston, Davie, Coral Springs and Naples. Weston Cup & Showcase has been recognized as one of the top-15 youth tournaments in the United States, click here for details. Note, US Soccer is not allowing, sanctioning for international teams due to Covid-19 but we expect approval for international teams in the Fall 2021. Updates will follow pertaining to the status of international teams.
Note: Palm Beach County clubs and teams that have school on Monday, February 21, teams will be placed in Divisions/Flights that will play their Finals on Sunday, February 20, 2022.
The tournament will offer four levels of competition: Showcase, Gold, Silver, and Bronze for U9 through U19/20 boys and girls teams. For 2022 we are again expecting roughly 725+ teams from throughout Florida, out-of-state and internationally. The Weston Cup & Showcase is sanctioned by Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) and US Club Soccer.
February 12 - 15, 2021
WHEN: Competition will begin on Saturday, February 19 and the tournament concludes with Finals on Monday, February 21. It is possible that teams may begin play on Friday evening, February 18. Teams from out of the area who wish to play on Friday, in an effort to spread out their games, may also be able to do so, but no guarantees can be made to accommodate such requests. If you need to play on Friday night, please email the tournament director at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE: The Weston Cup & Showcase is played in the Broward & Collier Counties in Weston, Plantation, Coral Springs, Davie and Naples, Florida. Specific age groups will be assigned and play at respective facilities/fields throughout the weekend.
LEVELS OF PLAY:
The MLS NEXT flights are by invitation only and is for MLS Next clubs. U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 & U19 divisions will be offered. Teams will play three games over 4 days (Friday, Saturday & Monday). Round robin play with Champions determined by overall points. Any questions, please contact Luis Mendoza at email@example.com or Bill Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U15, U16, U17 & U19 Age Group Brackets: Highest level of competition. Teams that compete regionally and nationally. Top Division I teams (National and Regional level teams) from across Florida, out-of-state, and international teams are expected to participate. The showcase divisions will be played in tournament format with group and playoffs/finals. Several college coaches and scouts will be at the Weston Cup to observe players participating in the Showcase Division.
High lever Division I teams from across Florida and out-of-state teams are expected to participate making this a highly competitive event at the GOLD Divisions.
Silver Division is for competitive Division 1 and Division 2 travel teams. Teams from Florida and out-of-state are expected to participate in the SILVER Divisions.
Bronze Division is primarily for recreational teams and new travel teams seeking comparative competition.
The U12 (11v11) division is designed for true U12 teams looking to prepare for the 2020-2021 season and play 11v11.
The U9 Future Stars division is set-up for U8 teams only. Note that the U9 Future Stars will play under the U9 rules
The Weston Cup & Showcase is a GotSport (GotSoccer) Tournament and teams will be eligible to for tournament points based on performance. Teams may pay by credit card online via GotSport.
Note: Palm Beach County clubs and teams that have school on Monday, February 21 will be placed in Divisions/Flights that will play their Finals on Sunday, February 20.
Teams/clubs wishing to pay by check should make their check payable to Weston FC and indicate which team (registration number) the check is for and mail it to:
Weston FC C/O Weston Cup & Showcase
4581 Weston Road, #264
Weston, Florida 33331
Any teams registering after the deadline will be placed on an active waiting list depending on availability based on the size of the divisions and flights.
- Please complete the online application fully. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- If you cannot pay online, register online and then send in your check.
- Teams will not be eligible for acceptance until the registration fee has been received.
- Any team not accepted will receive a refund.
- Any team which withdraws after the application deadline of January 8, 2021, will not be eligible for a refund.
- Risk Free. Registration Fees 100% refundable if event is cancelled due to Covid-19.
- $750.00 for U9 & U10 (playing 7 v 7)
- $775.00 for U11 & U12 (playing 9 v 9)
- $875.00 for U13 & U14
- $925.00 for U15 and older
- $800.00 for MLS NEXT (U13-U19)
NOTE: Entry fees received after the Friday, January 7, 2022 deadline date will incur an additional $50.00 late fee.
In partnership with [U18] Sports Medicine, Athletic Trainers will be onsite at all facilities.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
- Referee fees are included in the registration fee.
- U8 and U10 teams play 7-a-side and may carry up to 12 players.
- U11 and U12 teams play 9-a-side and may carry up to 16 players.
- U13 to U19 teams play 11-aside and may carry up to 22 players on their roster but only 18 players can play in any given game.
- U9 – U10 age group teams will play 7v7 and roster size cannot exceed 12 players (4 guest players).
- U11 – U12 age group teams will play 9v9 and roster size cannot exceed 16 players (5 guest players).
- U13 age group teams will play 11v11 and roster size cannot exceed 22 players (6 guest players).
- All 14U and older age groups will play 11v11 and be limited to a 22 player roster size from which the gameday roster for a given game may not exceed 18 players.